Speech Pathology Week: 23-29 August 2020
Communication is a basic human right. Speech pathologists work to ensure everyone can communicate with confidence.
Speech Pathology Week seeks to promote the work of speech pathologists with the more than 1.2 million Australians who have a communication disability that impacts on their daily life.
Did you know?
- 1.2 million Australians live with a communication disability, with children and older people making up the majority.
- Children are more likely to have a profound / severe communication disability than older people.
- A communication disability is largely invisible. Unseen and out-of-sight
- More confident communication helps maximise educational, health and social outcomes.
- Communication is more than just speech.
If you have concerns about your child’s communication, Orthophonie Sydney can help.